Situated in one of the
A 3rd generation family run Caravan & Camping Park for over 80 years, offering a relaxed atmosphere in an idyllic setting next to the famous Jurassic coast with breath taking sea views across the bay
- Luxury Lodges, deluxe & standard caravans available
- Wonderful coastal walks
- Fully licensed Bistro & Shop
- Pet friendly accommodation
- Tents, Motorhomes & Touring Caravans welcome
- Within walking distance of the fishing village & beach
- The perfect location to explore Devon
What you can expect: Tranquility, stunning views, prompt & caring service
What you will not have: Club house, games room, evening entertainment, & associated disturbance
Beer is one of the last remaining working fishing villages featuring traditional flint cottages & stunning views
A short walk from the park will take you to the beach, local inns & gift shops. Beer hosts an annual Regatta week every August which is very popular with local residents & guests.
Stay with us
New for 2017 - The Derwent specially designed with wheelchair accessability
Introducing our new 6 berth caravan designed with wheelchair accessibility in mind, The Derwent boasts some essential & convenient features combined with all the quality you'd expect from Beer Head Caravan Park.
- Large sliding internal doors
- 3ft divan beds throughout
- Innovative wet room with Doc M disability equipment
- Easy access parking with large patio area
- Patient helper apparatus in master bedroom
- Lowered work surfaces for ease of use
Please be aware that although this caravan is wheelchair friendly, it may not be suitable for some levels of assisted lifestyle, please enquire for more details.
Portland View & White Cliff Luxury Lodges
Indulge in a luxury lodge...
The superbly appointed White Cliff & Portland View Lodges sleep up to 8 people in 3 bedrooms plus a double sofa bed, 2 bathrooms (1 en-suite). They are equipped with the very best entertainment systems, fully fitted kitchen & living space with gas central heating throughout. Choose from pet-free or pet friendly lodge.
Deluxe 6 Berth Caravans
Brand new additions to our holiday home fleet. For that extra special accommodation take advantage of these top of the range 6 berth caravans that come fully equipped, with patio doors opening out to a superb sea view.
4, 6 & 8 berth Caravans
Enjoy panoramic views from our comfortable caravans that are no more than 5 years old & all come complete with double glazing, central heating & their own patio area.
Click on below images for a 360 tour inside our caravans
Take advantage of our no advance booking system as we offer a first come first serve basis for all tents, motor homes & touring caravans. You can come & go as you please & enjoy all the facilities to make your stay enjoyable.
Around our park
Click on below images for a 360 views around our park
How to book to stay with us in our range of Lodges & Caravans
CALL OUR TEAM FOR MORE DETAILS OR TO BOOK BY TELEPHONE CALL US ON 01297 21107
- ALTERNATIVELY BOOK THROUGH OUR NEW ONLINE BOOKING SYSTEM - CLICK HERE TO CHECK AVAILABILITY & MAKE A BOOKING & PAYMENT ONLINE
Please enquire first to check availability. A deposit of £50 per week, per caravan is required & advance payment for dog(s) at £3 per night for each dog if required. Remaining balance to be paid on check in.
Click on the pdf image opposite to print or download the booking form if you would like to send your booking by post.
Our lodges & caravans are available to check in from 2pm. Check out time is 10.30am on the day of departure.
We have pet friendly accommodation subject to availability, please enquire when booking.
All water, gas & electric is included in the cost of your stay.
Bedding & towels are not supplied as standard but packs are available to hire from Reception.
Map of the Park
Our fleet of holiday lodges & caravans are highlighted in yellow.
Lodge & Caravan prices
Staying on our campsite
We operate a first come first serve basis - please check availability prior to arriving to avoid disappointment. Please note we do not take advance bookings for pitches.
Map of the main camping area
Our Park Facilities
Shop & Bistro
Our shop includes everyday items including fresh bread, newspapers, handmade gifts & pocket money toys.
NEW FOR 2017 Try our takeaway service offering fresh hot food on the go including pizzas, snacks & drinks.
Enjoy daily specials, gluten free & vegetarian homemade dishes using local produce. Sample our mouthwatering homemade cakes & ice cream sundaes. Look out for our special themed nights.
To book your table or for general enquired call: 01297 23183
After checking into your accommodation why not pick up leaflets on the best places to visit, find out about our wonderful coastal walks & tips to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
For a small charge you can enjoy using the internet during your stay. Take advantage of our free half hour to do some browsing.
If you don't fancy the hassle of washing when you get back home take advantage of our coin operated washing machines & dryers. We also have irons & ironing boards available for use in the launderette area.
Book Swap Station
NEW FOR 2017 - Take a look at a variety of books for you to enjoy at our swap shop station. You will also find magazines to browse at your leisure. NEW FOR 2017 - Take a look at a variety of books for you to enjoy at our swap shop station. You will also find magazines to browse at your leisure.
Calor Gas Exchange
We can exchange your Calor gas bottles if your gas bottle is empty & if you wish to enjoy a BBQ or perhaps a fry up in our camping area.
Showers & Body Heaters
Our free hot & cold showers are situated next to our camping field. Why not forget the towel & try our new coin operated body heaters.Our free hot & cold showers are situated next to our camping field. Why not forget the towel & try our new coin operated body heaters.Our free hot & cold showers are situated next to our camping field. Why not forget the towel & try our new coin operated body heaters.
Dish Washing Area
Our indoor washing area is ideal to use & brings convenience to your camping holiday. There is also a freezer to use free of charge to keep your ice packs cold & a microwave to use at your convenience.
Recycling is very important to us here at Beer Head Caravan Park & we encourage all of our guests to recycle as much as possible. Recycling areas are situated across the park for your convenience. For your interest we recycle rain & grey water for the flushing of our toilets. We also have solar panels on all our buildings & our van for use around the park is electric.
Disability & Baby Changing Facilities
Available is are designated Disability Toilet & Baby Changing facilities conveniently situated next to our camping area.
Dog Walking Area
Take advantage of our wonderful coastal path along the Jurassic coast & admire the wonderful sea views with your 4 legged friends.
Where to find us
Our postcode for SatNav's is EX12 3AH.
Leave M5 at junction 25 and take the A358 Chard / Axminster / Seaton. Then from Seaton or the A3052, follow the signposts to Beer.
Nearest train station is Axminster, approximately 20 minutes by car or 885 bus from Seaton.
Map of Beer Head - Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
Local Events 2017:
24 Mar - Lyme Regis Beer Festival
28 Apr - Lyme Regis Fossil Festival Weekend
29 Apr - Exeter Food Festival Weekend
18 May - Devon Country Show
26 May - Lyme Jazz & Blues Festival Weekend
22 Jul - Lyme Regis Lifeboat Week
28 Jul - Branscombe Festival Weekend
04 Aug - Sidmouth Folk Week
05 Aug - Lyme Regis Regatta Week
08 Aug - Lyme Regis Folk Weekend
12 Aug - Beer Regatta Week
26 Aug - Sidmouth Regatta Weekend
13 Oct - Beer R&B Festival Weekend
Red Arrows Displays:
03/04 Jun - Torbay Airshow (Paignton)
10 Aug - Lyme Regis Regatta
25 Aug - Sidmouth Regatta
- Accident & Emergency: Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital - EX2 5DW - Tel: 01392 41161
- Urgent Care: Axminster Medical Centre - EX13 5AG - Tel: 01297 32126
- Hospital: Seaton Hospital - EX12 2UU - Tel: 01297 23901
- Doctors: Walrond Medical Centre, Beer - EX12 3EE - Tel: 01297 20616
- Dentist: Seaton Dental Centre - EX12 2LA - Tel: 01297 20170
- Pharmacy: Beer Pharmacy - EX12 3JJ - Tel: 01297 21823
- Veterinary: Coombefield Veterinary Hospital, Seaton - EX12 2AQ - Tel: 01297 24896
- Police Station: Seaton - EX12 2RJ
- Petrol Stations:
- Tesco - Harbour Road EX12 2PB
- Esso Tower Services - Seaton Down Hill EX12 2TF
Common questions answered
- 'Can I book a pitch on your camping field?'
- We don’t offer advance bookings but instead offer pitches on a first come first served basis, this giving all our guests the flexibility to come & go as they please & not having the commitment to book ahead.
- Please call us before you make a special journey & we can let you know what availability we have
- 'Are you open all year?'
- No, we are seasonal, this year we opened 19th March & close on the 28th October
- I n 2017 we will open from 18th March & close on the 27th October
- 'Do you have a price list for next year?'
- This is normally available from September, please enquire then
- 'How far are you from the village of Beer & the beach?'
- The village of Beer & the beach are approximately a 10 minute walk down the hill.
- There are two car parks in the village & a bus service that runs frequently to other towns.
- Local timetables can be found in Reception.
- 'What do I need to bring on my holiday?'
- In order to check in you will need your holiday confirmation letter; this will have been sent to you in the post. We also have a copy of your booking in Reception if you don’t have it to hand.
- We provide duvets & pillows but we ask you to bring your own duvet covers, pillow cases & bed sheets.
- You will also need to bring your own towels.
- Remember to pack everything you require for your stay with us.
- Our shop stocks the essentials for anything you may have forgotten & you will also find a large Tesco’s in the next town.
- 'What time am I able to arrive/check in?'
- You are able to get into your accommodation from 2pm onwards. However, if you arrive earlier than this & your accommodation is ready, you are more than welcome to check in & collect your keys.
- 'What is the latest time I am able to arrive?'
- If you know you are going to arrive after 6pm, we would appreciate it if you could let us know so that we can make arrangements for the collection of your keys.
- 'What is included in my accommodation?'
- Our caravans come with double glazing and central heating as standard & are no more than 5 years old.
- They include Freeview TV/DVD, gas & electricity.
- There is a fitted kitchen with a microwave, full size gas cooker, oven, grill & fridge with crockery, cutlery, pots & pans are supplied.
- The lounge has a gas/electric fire & the bathrooms have walk in showers & toilets.
- You will have use of all the park facilities.
- Travel cots & high chairs are available from Reception at no extra cost.
- 'Will I have a sea view from my accommodation & can I park next to it?'
- All our caravans offer superb sea views & their own outside private patio area.
- As we are situated on a hill while most of the caravans have parking directly next to them, for those which don't, there are parking bays located close by.
- 'Are pets or smoking allowed in the caravans?'
- Yes, we do allow pets, we have several caravans which are allocated for pets. We accept friendly dogs on our park at £3 per night & this must be confirmed when making the booking.
- We operate a strict non-smoking policy throughout our accommodation & would appreciate it if this is respected.
- 'Do you hire out bedding and towels?'
- You can hire bedding linen sets at £10 for single beds & £15 for double beds & also towel sets at £5 per person. These must be booked in advance.
- 'What facilities do you offer?'
- We are a very quiet park where you can relax & unwind. We don’t offer any entertainment or have a play ground/area for children. However, we have wonderful coastal walks you can enjoy, a fully licensed Bistro offering home cooked food & snacks and also a takeaway service.
- We have a camping field with a limited number of hard standing pitches for touring caravans/motorhomes & campervans.
- We also have grass level pitches for tents.
- Our park has a launderette, irons and hot showers with body heaters.
- 'Do you have a minimum number of nights I have to stay for?'
- No, we do offer one night & also short stays subject to availability. However, we tend to keep to weekly bookings during the school holidays.
- 'Do I need to book a table in your Bistro?'
- Booking is advisable & essential during peak times. To reserve a table in advance or for any other enquiries you can contact the Bistro on 01297 23183.
- 'Are we allowed to have BBQ?'
- Raised BBQ’s are permitted on our camping pitches & also on your patio area if you are staying in one of our caravans.
- Our lodges have built in BBQ’s for you to use.
- Please do not place hot ashes into any of our refuse containers.
- 'Do you have WiFi at the park?'
- Our WiFi is operated by a separate company & is very easy to purchase from your device/phone or by card online for a fee, depending on how long you would want when you are at the park.
- They do offer 30 minutes free for quick browsing per device.
- More information can be found in Reception.
- 'Do you have any caravans for sale?'
- All our caravan sales are done when the park is closed during the winter months & we only sell brand new caravans to go onto a pitch. More information regarding our sales please ask in Reception.