Now in our 3rd generation, we are a family run Caravan & Camping Park for over 80 years & offer a relaxing atmosphere in an idyllic setting for you to enjoy your holiday
We are situated next to the South West Coast Path, on the famous Jurassic coast overlooking Lyme Bay & minutes away from the beach
- Luxury Lodges, deluxe & standard caravans available
- Wonderful coastal walks
- Fully licensed Bistro & Shop
- Pet friendly accommodation
- Tents, Motorhomes & Touring Caravans welcome
- Within walking distance of the fishing village & beach
- The perfect location to explore Devon
What you can expect: Tranquility, stunning views, prompt & caring service
What you will not have: Club house, games room, evening entertainment, & associated disturbance
The picture postcard village of Beer is only a stones throw away from the park
Beer is one of the last remaining working fishing villages featuring traditional flint cottages, local craft shops, cafes & inns. The large shingle beach is a few minutes stroll away & offers fishing trips along the bay. The surrounding picturesque white chalk cliffs provide a natural suntrap sheltering the cove from the wind. With cafes, ice cream, fish & chips all available on the beach - it truly is a taste of the English seaside
Stay with us
Portland View & White Cliff Luxury Lodges
Our beautiful 8 berth lodges provides the perfect retreat with stunning views. You can expect everything you need for a wonderful stay & more, with all the ingredients for your perfect family holiday. Choose from pet friendly or pet-free lodge & you'll enjoy home from home comforts so much that you won't want to leave..
At a glance:
- NEW for 2018 - Memory foam mattresses
- 3 comfortable bedrooms with a master en-suite including a bath
- Nespresso coffee machine with complimentry pods
- 42" TV/DVD in living room & TV's in all bedrooms
- Dishwasher & American style fridge-freezer
Our spacious 2017 6 berth model is designed with wheelchair friendly access. It is over 100sqft larger than our standard 6 berth caravans. The Derwent boasts some essential & convenient features & combines all the quality you would expect to enjoy. It is positioned on our park for easy access & boasts a sea view to admire from the lounge..
At a glance:
- 3ft divan beds in each bedroom (makes a superking in master)
- Fully accessability throughout with wider doors
- Central heating & double glazing throughout
- Innovative wet room with Doc M disability equipment
- Designated parking
Please be aware that although this caravan is wheelchair friendly, it may not be suitable for some levels of assisted lifestyle, please enquire for more details.
Deluxe 6 Berth Caravans
Our flagship caravans offer that little bit extra with French doors that open directly onto a balcony to admire the sea view. They have their own unique character to them with 2 bedrooms & a double sofa bed in the lounge, so you can comfortably sleep up to 6 guests..
At a glance:
- NEW for 2018 - Memory foam double mattress
- 32" TV/DVD player
- Patio area with picnic table & parasol
- Pet friendly options available
- Full size integrated fridge freezer
4, 6 & 8 berth Caravans
Even our standard caravans are all no more than 5 years old & come complete with central heating, double glazing & private patio area. They offer a modern fitted kitchen, stylish bedrooms, comfortable sofas in the lounge & a large shower cubicle in the bathroom..
At a glance:
- Spacious open plan living area
- 8 berths caravan include 2 toilets
- Fully fitted kitchen with microwave
- Freeview TV/DVD player
- Pet friendly options available
Under the stars.. Enjoy the freedom of our NO ADVANCED BOOKING system. It gives everyone the flexibility to come & go as you please allowing you to arrive anytime you like & leave anytime you want. You pay as you go & choose the pitch you would like. Our touring caravan, motorhome, campervan & tent pitches are the ideal choice for those wishing to wake up with nature. As with all sunny days, bank holidays & special events, we can get very busy, so please call us to find out what space we have before making a special journey. We are unable to reserve or guarantee any pitches for you but we can let you know how busy we are.
At a glance:
- All pitches have wonderful sea views
- Free hot electric showers
- Electric hook-ups available
- Microwave & deep freezer available to use
- No extra charges for awnings, gazebos or dogs
Around our park
Click on below images for a 360 views around our park
How to book to stay with us in our range of Lodges & Caravans
CALL OUR TEAM FOR MORE DETAILS OR TO BOOK BY TELEPHONE CALL US ON 01297 21107
- ALTERNATIVELY BOOK THROUGH OUR NEW ONLINE BOOKING SYSTEM - CLICK HERE TO CHECK AVAILABILITY & MAKE A BOOKING & PAYMENT ONLINE
Please enquire first to check availability. A deposit of £50 per week, per caravan is required & advance payment for dog(s) at £3 per night for each dog if required. Remaining balance to be paid on check in.
Click on the pdf image opposite to print or download the booking form if you would like to send your booking by post.
Our lodges & caravans are available to check in from 2pm. Check out time is 10.30am on the day of departure.
We have pet friendly accommodation subject to availability, please enquire when booking.
All water, gas & electric is included in the cost of your stay.
Bedding & towels are not supplied as standard but packs are available to hire from Reception.
Map of the Park
Our fleet of holiday lodges & caravans are highlighted in yellow.
Lodge & Caravan prices
Staying on our campsite
We operate a first come first serve basis - please check availability prior to arriving to avoid disappointment. Please note we do not take advance bookings for pitches.
Map of the main camping area
Our Park Facilities
Shop & Bistro
Shop open daily from 9am
Bistro open daily from 8am
Our shop includes everyday items including fresh bread, newspapers, handmade gifts & pocket money toys.
Daily opening hours for the shop are 9am to 1pm & 3pm to 5pm.
Enjoy daily specials, gluten free & vegetarian homemade dishes using local produce. Sample our mouthwatering homemade cakes & ice cream sundaes. Look out for our special themed nights.
Try our takeaway service offering fresh hot food on the go including pizzas, snacks & drinks.
To book your table or for general enquires please call us on 07387 682232.
After checking into your accommodation why not pick up leaflets on the best places to visit, find out about our wonderful coastal walks & tips to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
For a small charge you can enjoy using the internet during your stay. Take advantage of our free half hour to do some browsing.
Book Swap Station
Take a look at a variety of books for you to enjoy at our swap shop station. You will also find magazines to browse at your leisure.
If you don't fancy the hassle of washing when you get back home take advantage of our coin operated washing machines & dryers. We also have irons & ironing boards available for use in the launderette area.
Dish Washing Area
Showers & Body Heaters
Our indoor washing area is ideal to use & brings convenience to your camping holiday. There is also a freezer to use free of charge to keep your ice packs cold & a microwave to use at your convenience.
Our free hot & cold showers are situated next to our camping field. Why not forget the towel & try our new coin operated body heaters.
Dog Walking Area
Disability & Baby Changing Facilities
Take advantage of our wonderful coastal path along the Jurassic coast & admire the wonderful sea views with your 4 legged friends.
Available are designated Disability Toilet & Baby Changing facilities conveniently situated next to our camping area.
Calor Gas Exchange
We can exchange your Calor gas bottles if your gas bottle is empty & if you wish to enjoy a BBQ or perhaps a fry up in our camping area.
Recycling is very important to us here at Beer Head Caravan Park & we encourage all of our guests to recycle as much as possible. Recycling areas are situated across the park for your convenience. For your interest we recycle rain & grey water for the flushing of our toilets. We also have solar panels on all our buildings & our van for use around the park is electric.
New for 2018 - Electric bike hire at Beer Head Caravan Park
Take advantage of our ebikes to travel so much further & explore the area on two wheels! With the help of the electric bike, hills will become a doddle.
Our brand new electric bikes provide all the benefits of a normal bike - gentle exercise, fresh open air, interaction with nature and the enjoyment whilst on holiday with us. They have the added bonus of making light work of longer rides, & gentle inclines.
They are suitable for on or off road cycling. The built in electric Yamaha motor with 9 speed gear system is great for getting out & exploring outdoors.
How to book
For weekly hire only:
Book your bikes at the same time as making your holiday booking online or by phone on 01297 21107
FOR ONLINE WEEKLY BOOKINGS ONLY; a non-refundable deposit of £25 is payable for each bike hired & the balance to be paid when checking in to your accommodation
For half & full day hire only:
Pop into reception on the day you wish to hire the bikes
Half & full day bike hire can only be booked when you are staying at the park, subject to availability
Personal Accident Insurance:
We have teamed up with SportsCover Direct who can offer you short term bike hire Sports Personal Accident Insurance cover
This policy is designed to offer Sports Accident cover to individuals who participate in sports / leisure activities. It will provide personal accident cover for the chosen sport(s) plus all other sports in the same group & lower groups. Benefits include personal accident, broken bone payments, accidental death, & personal liability & there is the option to include loss of earnings cover. Three levels of cover are available & policies can be single day, multiple days or annual. This policy is not intended for use as Travel insurance as it does not include any cover for medical expenses abroad or repatriation. Click on the image to go to their website for a quick quote.
eBike hire paperwork:
Click on the pdf images below to print or download the relevant documents; we recommend reading our conditions & disclaimer prior to hiring our ebikes
Where to find us
Our postcode for SatNav's is EX12 3AH.
Leave M5 at junction 25 and take the A358 Chard / Axminster / Seaton. Then from Seaton or the A3052, follow the signposts to Beer.
For the larger traffic, Commercial vehicles / Campers & Motorhomes etc., to keep congestion to a minimum in the village, please use the alternative route to our Park following the brown signs to Pecorama, continue on this road following the signs for Beer Head until you see the brown sign for Beer Head Caravan Park turning on the right, then follow the road past the public car park until you see the entrance to our Park on the left.
Nearest train station is Axminster, approximately 20 minutes by car or 885 bus from Seaton.
Map of Beer Head - Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
Local Events 2018:
14 Apr - Exe Trail Cycle Festival
05 May - Lyme Regis Fossil Festival Weekend
05 May - Exeter Food Festival Weekend
17 May - Devon Country Show
25 May - Lyme Jazz & Blues Festival Weekend
08 Jun - Beer Charity Festival Weekend
30 Jun - Let’s Rock Festival
27 Jul - Lyme Regis Lifeboat Week
02 Aug - Honiton Agricultural Show
03 Aug - Sidmouth Folk Week
04 Aug - Lyme Regis Regatta Week
11 Aug - Beer Regatta Week
17 Aug - Beautiful Days Festival
25 Aug - Sidmouth Regatta Weekend
31 Aug - Lyme Regis Folk Weekend
12 Oct - Beer R&B Festival Weekend
Red Arrows Displays:
02/03 Jun - Torbay Airshow (Paignton)
TBC - Lyme Regis Regatta
24 Aug - Sidmouth Regatta
- Accident & Emergency: Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital - EX2 5DW - Tel: 01392 41161
- Urgent Care: Axminster Medical Centre - EX13 5AG - Tel: 01297 32126
- Hospital: Seaton Hospital - EX12 2UU - Tel: 01297 23901
- Doctors: Walrond Medical Centre, Beer - EX12 3EE - Tel: 01297 20616
- Dentist: Seaton Dental Centre - EX12 2LA - Tel: 01297 20170
- Pharmacy: Beer Pharmacy - EX12 3JJ - Tel: 01297 21823
- Veterinary: Coombefield Veterinary Hospital, Seaton - EX12 2AQ - Tel: 01297 24896
- Police Station: Seaton - EX12 2RJ
- Petrol Stations:
- Tesco - Harbour Road EX12 2PB
- Esso Tower Services - Seaton Down Hill EX12 2TF
Common questions answered
- 'Can I book a pitch on your camping field?'
- We don’t offer advance bookings but instead offer pitches on a first come first served basis, this giving all our guests the flexibility to come & go as they please & not having the commitment to book ahead.
- Please call us before you make a special journey & we can let you know what availability we have
- 'Are you open all year?'
- No, we are seasonal, this year we open from 17th March 2018 & close on the 4th November 2018
- 'Do you have a price list for next year?'
- This is normally available from September, please enquire then
- 'How far are you from the village of Beer & the beach?'
- The village of Beer & the beach are approximately a 10 minute walk down the hill.
- There are two car parks in the village & a bus service that runs frequently to other towns.
- Local timetables can be found in Reception.
- 'What do I need to bring on my holiday?'
- In order to check in you will need your holiday confirmation letter; this will have been sent to you in the post. We also have a copy of your booking in Reception if you don’t have it to hand.
- We provide duvets & pillows but we ask you to bring your own duvet covers, pillow cases & bed sheets.
- You will also need to bring your own towels.
- Remember to pack everything you require for your stay with us.
- Our shop stocks the essentials for anything you may have forgotten & you will also find a large Tesco’s in the next town.
- 'What time am I able to arrive/check in?'
- You are able to get into your accommodation from 2pm onwards. However, if you arrive earlier than this & your accommodation is ready, you are more than welcome to check in & collect your keys.
- 'What is the latest time I am able to arrive?'
- If you know you are going to arrive after 6pm, we would appreciate it if you could let us know so that we can make arrangements for the collection of your keys.
- 'What is included in my accommodation?'
- Our caravans come with double glazing and central heating as standard & are no more than 5 years old.
- They include Freeview TV/DVD, gas & electricity.
- There is a fitted kitchen with a microwave, full size gas cooker, oven, grill & fridge with crockery, cutlery, pots & pans are supplied.
- The lounge has a gas/electric fire & the bathrooms have walk in showers & toilets.
- You will have use of all the park facilities.
- Travel cots & high chairs are available from Reception at no extra cost.
- 'Will I have a sea view from my accommodation & can I park next to it?'
- All our caravans offer superb sea views & their own outside private patio area.
- As we are situated on a hill while most of the caravans have parking directly next to them, for those which don't, there are parking bays located close by.
- 'Are pets or smoking allowed in the caravans?'
- Yes, we do allow pets, we have several caravans which are allocated for pets. We accept friendly dogs on our park at £3 per night & this must be confirmed when making the booking.
- We operate a strict non-smoking policy throughout our accommodation & would appreciate it if this is respected.
- 'Do you hire out bedding and towels?'
- You can hire bedding linen sets at £10 for single beds & £15 for double beds & also towel sets at £5 per person. These must be booked in advance.
- 'What facilities do you offer?'
- We are a very quiet park where you can relax & unwind. We don’t offer any entertainment or have a play ground/area for children. However, we have wonderful coastal walks you can enjoy, a fully licensed Bistro offering home cooked food & snacks and also a takeaway service.
- We have a camping field with a limited number of hard standing pitches for touring caravans/motorhomes & campervans.
- We also have grass level pitches for tents.
- Our park has a launderette, irons and hot showers with body heaters.
- 'Do you have a minimum number of nights I have to stay for?'
- No, we do offer one night & also short stays subject to availability. However, we tend to keep to weekly bookings during the school holidays.
- 'Do I need to book a table in your Bistro?'
- Booking is advisable & essential during peak times. To reserve a table in advance or for any other enquiries you can contact the Bistro on 01297 23183.
- 'Are we allowed to have BBQ?'
- Raised BBQ’s are permitted on our camping pitches & also on your patio area if you are staying in one of our caravans.
- Our lodges have built in BBQ’s for you to use.
- Please do not place hot ashes into any of our refuse containers.
- 'Do you have WiFi at the park?'
- Our WiFi is operated by a separate company & is very easy to purchase from your device/phone or by card online for a fee, depending on how long you would want when you are at the park.
- They do offer 30 minutes free for quick browsing per device.
- More information can be found in Reception.
- 'Do you have any caravans for sale?'
- All our caravan sales are done when the park is closed during the winter months & we only sell brand new caravans to go onto a pitch. More information regarding our sales please ask in Reception.